Friday, September 7, 2012

God First: Day 7-Find An Accountability Partner

Most of my GMG group
  
Day 7 Challenge:  Find an Accountability Partner

Day 7 Scripture:  Proverbs 27:17, Ecc. 4:9-10

“Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”  Proverbs 27:17

“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow:  but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.”  Ecc. 4:9-10

It’s amazing how much more you can accomplish when someone’s holding you accountable.  For me it’s my Good Morning Girls Group. We contact each other every morning (Monday-Friday).  I have to admit there have been a couple mornings I’ve still been in bed and I get a notification from one of these inspiring ladies and it encourages me to get up but also puts some extra pressure knowing they’re expecting me to post too.             

I suggest finding at least one friend-maybe more-that you can text, e-mail or even as we did set up a private Facebook group page.  Even if it’s just a simple “I got up and in God’s word this morning!”  It’s a start!  Ours started out this way but now it’s “This is how I can apply this scripture to my life…” or “This part really stuck out to me…”  Every now and then we’ll even have a post end with “Sorry about the book this morning!”

Some of these ladies were really just acquaintances when we first started our group.  But over the past year and a half we’ve shared prayer requests, struggles and victories! They have come to be some of my closest and dearest friends and now I can’t imagine my life without them in it.  I pray that everyone will find ladies as committed and uplifting as I have!  For my complete “story” on how our GMG group was created read here.

So what are you waiting for?  Call, text, e-mail, or tweet someone today!  There are SO many ways to communicate now there really is NO excuse!! Do you have an accountability partner(s)?  How do you keep in touch?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment