Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall Session of Good Morning Girls Begins Today!!!


     
         Woooo  Hoooo!!!!  It’s  finally here!!  Today is officially the first day of the fall session of Good Morning Girls!  In case you can’t tell, I’m very excited!  Our group will be starting back with the original 8 and a few others have joined us since we first started so we’ll actually have 13 starting this time! 

          Good Morning Girls is a tech accountability group to help hold you accountable for your daily time with God.  Our group uses a closed Facebook group to communicate but if you don’t have Facebook then you can also e-mail, text, or twitter each other.  The current sessions begins today and runs through December 15.  The study is on the entire book of 1 John.   

How I got started with Good Morning Girls:
          During one of our revivals a lady testified and talked about how years ago a pastor had challenged them to set their alarms 30 minutes earlier and spend the first 30 minutes of their day with God – in His word and in prayer.  She challenged us to do the same and I took her up on it not realizing how much it was going to completely change my life!  For the next month, I got up 30 minutes early and did just that.  It’s amazing how much easier it is to get out of bed when you know you’re going to have some peaceful moments before the chaos begins!  It sets the whole tone for your day and makes the entire day so much better!        
          Then one day I was reading a blog while doing 31 Days to Clean and the author of the blog (sadly I don’t remember which blog it was) mentioned that she was involved with Good Morning Girls and linked their page.  I went to their page to check it out and loved the idea!  I knew how I was and while I was still involved in studying on my own I knew I’d do MUCH better if I had a group to hold me accountable.   Through Facebook, I then contacted several girls, a couple from my own church and others from different churches but within the Blount County Missionary Baptist Association.   Several of the girls I had connections with but honestly didn’t know that well.   I had seven that said they loved the idea and were in- thus our Good Morning Girls group was born!   We’ve shared so much over the past four months I now consider them some of my closest friends and I’m so thankful God put them in my life!
          I’ve tried other Bible studies and methods before but Good Morning Girls is my favorite! 
Why I love Good Morning Girls: 
1.       First and foremost my relationship with God has grown!
2.       I can do it in the comfort of own house.
3.       I’m held accountable for studying EVERYDAY (well Mon-Fri anyway) not just once a week or every other week.
4.       I communicate with other girls in my group everyday which helps to really get to know them.  Also, if I have a prayer request or something to share I can do it anytime and usually get a quick response from someone!
5.       I LOVE the SOAP method of studying!
6.       At the end of the study I will have the entire book of 1 John written out with my notes and reflections.
7.       Courtney and Angela – the main GMG girls – make this a GREAT study!  I love their videos, blogs and challenges that they offer along the way.  They are both moms and wives experiencing everyday life while they are doing this study; therefore, I can SO relate the things they share to my everyday life!  So thankful they started this and for their role in it all!
          If you’re interested in Good Morning Girls, today and tomorrow are “get to know each other days” and the official study doesn’t start until Monday, so it’s not too late to join!  You can find a group, easily start your own group, or just follow along on your own.  For more details check out the Good Morning Girls website.  If you are a member of Good Morning Girls or following along I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about GMG. I am not doing an outside Bible study this time around, just concentrating on 1 John.

    ReplyDelete