Monday, September 3, 2012

God First: Day 3 Challenge - Pick a Verse for Morning Motivaiton


Day 3 Challenge:  Pick a Verse for Morning Motivation

Day 3 Scripture:  Psalm 63


Photo Credit:
If you are a Christian chances are you have a favorite verse or life verse as some call it.  (FYI:  Mine is Matthew 6:33.)  The challenge for today is to pick a verse that will motivate you in the mornings.  I did this a couple weeks into my morning readings; my verse is Psalm 63:1:

“O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee:  my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;” 

Go ahead and read this whole chapter it’s a good one! 

Have you ever been really thirsty? I mean REALLY thirsty? The kind of thirsty where only water can quench that thirst.  Spiritually speaking have you ever been really down and out?  Really needed uplifted and encouraged?  Really needed hope when it seemed like all hope was gone?  Sure we’ve all been there.  And I can tell you you’re not going to find that hope, encouragement and peace out in the world.  Nope, no water out there.  That living water is going to have to come from within you.  (John 4:14)
Reading Psalm 63:1 reminds me that I need God to fill me up with what I’ll need for the day.  Now I challenge you to pray and ask God to give you a verse to guide you through this challenge.  He’ll show you one.  Maybe it’s this one, maybe it’s another verse that has a special meaning to you.  Maybe it’s a verse you never really let sink in until you started searching His word.  That’s how it was for me.  I’m sure I’d read Psalm 63 before but it has become a lot more meaningful for me over the past year.

Now that you’ve had a refreshing drink of water- bring on the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment