Saturday, September 1, 2012

God First: Day 1 Challenge-Get Up and Look Up!


 
Day 1 Challenge:  Get Up and Look Up!

Day 1 Scripture:  “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”  Psalm 5:3

Brrriiinnnggg!! Don’t hit that snooze button!! Get up!!  Christ rose from the dead for you the least you can do is get out of bed for Him! (I know- to some of you rising from the dead or getting up early – not much difference, huh?)  However, I challenge you to Show Him you love Him even MORE than your sleep!!  And that’s A LOT right???!!!

Ok that’s probably enough motivational sayings and exclamation points for the first day…

But seriously, this is going to be the hard part everyday for the next 15 days.  Whether you realize it or not when that alarm goes off you have a decision to make.  You can get up and look up as David did or you can hit that snooze button saying, “Sorry God I’m choosing a few extra minutes of sleep over you.”  

It may be a struggle to get up this morning and even tomorrow morning but I promise it will get easier.  I’m not guaranteeing that you will become a morning person overnight or even within these fifteen days but I can guarantee if you stay committed it will get EASIER.  Your desire to get up and have a few peaceful moments before all the chaos begins will begin to outweigh your desire to sleep longer.  Naturally speaking we have to get up and feed our bodies to prepare for the day.  You’ll find that there’s a need to do that spiritually too. 

So once you’ve made it up – look up!  Thank God for allowing you to wake up.  Thank Him for keeping your family safe through the night.  Thank Him for what He’s going to do for you and what He’s going to show you in His Word.  Because if you get up and look up, He’ll show up- I can promise you that…

No comments:

Post a Comment